Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Long Time No Talk!


Hey there, how are you? Long time no talk!

It's been some time since I've written on Road to 2010 and I wanted to update everyone on what's going on.

First, unless I win the lottery or someone sends me $10,000, I won't be going to South Africa for the 2010 World Cup. Sad but true.

The premise of this blog was to document my journey to South Africa and the World Cup. In that vein, I've failed.

What happened? A variety of factors caused my desire and passion to wane.

One, I grew cynical about the game of football.

Football is a never ending sport, with fixtures popping up almost every weekend of the year. This saturation (over saturation?) caused me to loathe the game. I tried to stay away from it rather than embrace it.

Second, my economic situation changed. That's something that's happened to many people, not just me. The economy has been a whirlwind the past few years. I've been personally affected.

Lastly, I hit a wall. I didn't know how to continue the blog, my writing or my journey. I grew frustrated. I threw my hands up and simply called time out.

But not all is lost.

I feel I've got my mo jo back! I'm loving the Beautiful Game again and I'm excited to come back to this platform and write.

I'm looking for ideas on how to continue this blog through the World Cup and beyond.

I've a few good ideas. I'd like to hear from you, the readers and see what you think as well.

E-mail me at cesarbenoitjr AT gmail DOT com and let me know what you think. All suggestions and comments will be greatly appreciated.

The blog is back!! Hope to have you along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment