Thursday, May 28, 2009

Most Horrific Leg Break EVER

This is not for the squeamish ...

It happened in the South African football league.

Oupa Ngulube had his leg broken by Felix Muamba-Musasa during a South African league match between Mpumalanga Black Aces FC and the Carara Kicks.

The two players were going for a ball along the sideline, but Muamba went in high, stomping on Ngulube’s leg as he slid in. Play immediately stopped as stunned onlookers turned away from the sight of Ngulube’s suddenly jello-like leg.


Felix Muamba-Musasa received a quick red card for his tackle, which he didn’t protest at all. After the match, he issued an apology for the incident, saying:

“Firstly, let me pass my unreserved apologies to the management of Carara Kicks as well as the family and friends of Oupa. As a sportsman, I have never broken or intended to harm my fellow colleagues in any way in my life. It was never my intention to go out and break his leg – it all happened when we both were going on a 50-50 challenge. People should understand that soccer is a contact sport. At the end of the day such accidents happen in the field of play.”

“I did not have a peaceful Sunday night after that incident. My prayers are with the player to recover well and play soccer again. I was devastated immediately when I saw the player still lying down in pain. I am hard at prayer trying to come to terms with that incident.

“I haven’t spoken to any Carara official but it is still my aim to personally speak to Oupa and give him courage. I plead with people not judge me by my tough approach in the field of play – I play with passion and I subscribe to fair play.”

“Oupa, keep well, be strong and God Bless you my brother. I am still trying to come to terms with the incident and I will personally call you.”

Wow ... horrific ...

No comments:

Post a Comment