Friday, December 19, 2008

Arsenal's Eboue Aims to Please


You have to feel for Arsenal defender Emmanuel Eboue.

The Ivorian right back has been mercilessly booed the past few weeks by Arsenal supporters for poor play. His confidence has obviously been shot, as evidenced by his demeanor after being substituted against Wigan a few weeks back.



Now, Eboue wants everyone to know he'll be back stronger than ever ...

"At the moment I am not at my best performances, but I try to give more and do my best when the boss puts me on the pitch. If I continue to work hard in training, then I am confident I can get to my best," the Ivory Coast international said.

He told Arsenal TV Online ahead of Sunday's home game against Liverpool: "I do not know why the fans did not back me, but that is football and you cannot do anything about it.

"They pay money to watch Arsenal to win. Then when we do not play well, not give our best performances on the pitch, they are very angry.

"I do not blame them, and I hope they will all come out to support us on Sunday, when we will try to do our best and try to win the game for them.

"I try to forget that now. I was disappointed, but I am happy now.

"After the game, my friends gave me a ring and helped me a lot. The next day in training, I saw the boss and he gave me confidence.

"Now I am feeling very well. I am going to try to give my best every time in training and to get confidence, then if I play in the next game, I will give my best."

Arsenal's traveling fans backed Eboue in the subsequent Champions League clash in Porto, which lifted the Ivory Coast international.

He added: "Before the Porto match, I said to myself I was going to do that for the fans because they know me, they know I can give more for the team.

"When we went there, I was very happy because the fans were singing my name - that made me really happy and gave me more power on the pitch."

MY POV: Poor Eboue! You have to feel for the lad, who'd been injured for a bit before the booing episode. I'm confident Emmanuel will lift his spirits in the coming weeks and be back stronger than ever.

But what's up with Arsenal's fans? Talk about giving the word 'supporter' a new definition ... not too much support for their player in that video eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment