Friday, August 1, 2008

Make Up Your Minds: Eto'o and Adebayor


Would someone make up their minds about these players already?

One day, Cameroonian striker Samuel Eto'o is not wanted by Barcelona, new manager Pep Guardiola saying, 'We are putting a team together and they (Eto'o and Ronaldinho, who has since moved to AC Milan) aren't in our thoughts but we'll see what happens."

And see ... and see ...

Earlier this week, it looked like he was off to my favorite club team Valencia. But then the sporting director said they didn't have enough money for him. Then, Barcelona thought about it and said, 'Hey, you know? This guy is pretty good.'

As Barca club president Joan Laporta put it, 'At one time we did think the most convenient thing was to change things in order to renew the team, especially in terms of the most important players, but I understand that nothing in this world is set in stone.'

But today, word that Eto'o is attracting interest from "four or five big clubs".

So no clubs in Uzbekistan this time?



As for prolific Togo striker Emmanuel Adebayor, one day he's leaving Arsenal to replace Eto'o, the next he's signing an extension to stay at the London outfit.

As the lanky scorer puts it, 'Now I can tell everyone that, yes, I will sign a contract," Adebayor told the club's official website.

"I never told anyone I would be leaving this club, never ever. I'm very happy we've found a solution."

Adebayor added: "I have three years left on my contract and I'm putting two or three years more, so I'm very happy being part of this family."

So I guess Barcelona didn't want to pay him the wages he wanted?

Compound the Eto'o and Adebayor rumors with the never-ending, mind-numbingly boring Cristiano Ronaldo transfer to Real Madrid and you have a bevy of ... nothing.

Don't you wish the football would start again and the transfer rumor nightmare would just end??

No comments:

Post a Comment