Friday, December 21, 2007

The Reason I'm a Football Fan - Champions League Final 1999

Off-topic a bit, but here we go ...

Was thinking the other day, 'Why am I such a big footie fan?'

I wasn't so hardcore when I lived in England and I was already a huge fan when I arrived in Spain. What happened in between?

I present to you the 1999 Champions League Final. In many ways, even more incredible than the 2005 Liverpool comeback.

The video is of poor quality, but you get the idea.

This game gave me an appreciation for the sport. This game made me fall in love with the passion, the noise, the beauty and the enormity of it all.

This match in particular stole my heart and never let it go. Now look at me. Falling in love all over again with the African game. Isn't football wonderful?

They call it the Beautiful Game for a reason. This is one of the reasons ...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment